Wednesday, December 8, 2021

The Epic Quilt Story Continues

 Today is Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021. It's raining here in South Carolina and the day is very gray. We haven't had measurable rain in weeks, so this is really welcome. My container gardens really need this rain and the collards and lettuces look very happy. 

I am spending this day in the studio working on 'Dear Jane'. I have ditched and plotted rows # 9 and 10. The block designs have been placed and I am currently stitching them out. Things are looking good. 

OK.......... things are moving along. I have ditched and plotted row 11 and Olivia Statler is busy stitching out those designs. Next up will be the triangles to match these rows.

Do you realize that will leave me with one row and a full triangle border to do? So, I must start thinking about what I will stitch in the corner kites. I have some ideas, but, I'm trying hard not to use the same designs that Lynn used. Need something a little different.... maybe.

Oh my, Batiks Etc just announced that they have the new Jacqueline de Jonge Purple Sunrise Block of the Month. I have been waiting for this, so, of course I had to stop and order. Purple and orange can really be my downfall.  


That will make 2 BOM's for 2022. The other will be 'Toes in the Sand' with Tula Pink and Jay Bird Quilts. Guess I better get busy finishing the BOMs for 2021. 


Well, it's the end of the day. and when you see this picture, you might think that not much was done. That's just not true. Remember how I told you that the Stitch in the Ditch would not show on these pictures. Well, I spent several hours finishing all of the ditch stitching. The quilt is now ready to finish. I have several appointments away from the studio tomorrow, so there won't be anytime to work on Jane. However, Friday I'll be back to work with her. She is moving along and will be ready for pick up before long. 


That's it for today. I have poured a glass of wine and it's time to wind down. Hope you have a really good night.


Joyce-One Loose Thread

No comments: