Sunday, December 19, 2021

'Dear Jane' has left the building

 Sunday, December 12, 2021

I have taken the last stitches in the client's Dear Jane. This has been FUN!!!! I just hope that the client is happy with the quilt. What an experience this has been. I have had so much input from so many great longarm quilters. That just goes to prove that we support each other no matter the situation. 

Tomorrow I'll pull this off of the frame and try to get some good pictures of the quilting. I have a little surgery scheduled for Tuesday and I won't be allowed at the machines for a couple of days. I really want good pictures of this whole quilt. However, this is the digital work up that I do as I finish an area. Then when the quilting is complete I have something on the screen that looks like this: 


Now, I still need to un zip one end of the quilt so that I can check to make sure everything is stitched, clip threads, and generally admire the back. As I look at this mock up, I am very, very pleased with the out come. This has been a thought process for 10 months and to actually see it come to a reality is pretty special. 

I estimated the actual stitching time on this quilt to be 60 hours. Could, and probably was, more than that, but I think 60 is a good estimate. That does not count the hours spent on line doing research and finding different block designs. The 'stand and stare' was done before the top ever arrived at my house. 

So, I am going to up load some pictures. Verity has her quilt in hand and now she starts working on the binding. I really look forward to seeing it complete in the next several months. She is very meticulous  with her work, so I'm sure it will be beautiful. 

Would I quilt another one. Yes, I would. This is the second 'Jane' I have done. The first one we did in Baptist Fan edge 2 edge. This one is full custom all the way through. I love the way that both of them turned out. I would love to do another one...... or 10.......












Have a great day!!

        ONE LOOSE THREAD!!

No comments: