Friday, August 28, 2020

Longarm Quilting gets Better and Better !!!

 

Sally King, I have pretty much finished the backgrounds in these blocks. I have some fill work to do, but, Olivia Gammill has a trip to take. I will finish this up once she gets home.

I KNOW that my husband thinks his wife is so crazy and that she cries at the drop of a hat. Well, this girl and I have been dancing together for 10 years now. We have learned so much about each other and both of us have screamed a lot. So, as I undressed her this afternoon, the tears are flowing.......crazy.....I told you.


Tomorrow, Tracey and Jessie, from Bird House Quilts, will pick her up and take her to Georgia for major surgery. 


When she comes back she will be Olivia Statler!!! I am so excited for her and for One Loose Thread, LLC (that's me). It has become more evident to me over the last few months that my back, hips, and legs can't take too much more standing in place. So, I made the decision to retrofit Olivia to Statler. This will make things much easier for me to continue to give my clients the best possible product for a longer period of time. Of course, I can still accomplish the beautiful custom quilting that you have come to expect from One Loose Thread. That can be done with  Statler robotics or I release 2 belts and I'm dancing with Olivia again, or a combination of both.

At the same time, Bird House Quilts will be doing an annual service on Penelope Statler and giving her some updates too. Both machines will be be on the same level of computer system and I won't have to learn a whole new program. 

So, tomorrow will be a very busy day too. Right now, I need to start clearing that thread wall that you see behind Olivia, so that I have room for my computer and monitor. If I can figure it out, I might also hook it up to my smart TV.......then I can REALLY see the screen... 😃

Of course, none of this would be happening without the support of the FANTASTIC clients of One Loose Thread, LLC. Thanks to all of you for your love, faith, trust, and continuing support. Time to put in another 10 years to my second profession. That of being a longarm quilter.

No comments: