Friday, January 25, 2019

Catching up with Longarm Quilting

Yes, I was out of the studio for a full week, so, yes, I am really behind. I had a great time at the Myrtle Beach Quilt Party and I now understand why many of my friends have been attending these last 29 years. I'll certainly go back.

However, now to get back to work.

The first of this week I was working on the border of this Dinner Plate design and I kept having severe thread issues. I contacted Fil Tec (Hab+Dash) and they have replaced that thread. It was delivered today and I should be back to using the 60 weight thread by Monday. In the meantime, I have been working on the red areas of the quilt. I have arrived at the middle!!!
Obviously, you can't see the quilting in this picture, but, trust me, it is there. Tomorrow I will continue down the quilt and will hopefully finish the red areas and start the black areas. I am actually going to hold off on going back to the borders until the full interior of the quilt is completed.

What is shown here in the red is all of the quilting that has been done this week. It does not show the weeks+ stitch in the ditch that was done before I went to the beach.

I love every piece of this quilt. Carol had told me that she felt as though a lot of these quilts are done heavy in feathers, and I agree. What appears as 'feathers' on this quilt are what I call 'bat wings' and the swags are some type of leaf. They don't have the curve of a feather and I just love them.

This quilt has an 'edgy' feel to it, so there are a few curves, alot of spikes, plenty of lines, and there will even be some circles....

I've got a long way to go on this project, but, a very hard deadline that I am seriously trying to make. We'll be up early and work late over the next few days trying to make that deadline. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: