Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

 I can't believe that I am actually up to date on this BOM. This was the block for this month. Done.












After I finished the block, I started to work on the applique for my Lone Star. I still haven't heard from the designer of the original flowers. I have adapted some of the flowers from the pattern Vintage Dreams by Colette Belt to be used in the corners and other areas of my star.
I am going to continue on with the design work and hope that I hear from her soon.







So, after most of the day, this is what I have so far. The triangles are not sewn on, however, the applique has been fused to the triangle.

I am still having a problem with 'wrapping' my brain around raw edge applique. I am soooooooooo a needle turn applique person. I just don't want this project to take 10 years to complete, so, I am designing it for raw edge application. I am fusing the applique pieces down and will then go back and use a small zig-zag to tie down the edges. I think that I am going to use Superiors mono-poly to do that, not sure yet.

Due to the fact that tomorrow is actually a holiday, I think that I will continue to work on the Lone Star. After all, what will the boss do.................fire me?

I have a customer top that needs to go on the frame soon. It is an antique double wedding ring. Not sure if I will start on that tomorrow or something isn't quite as labor intensive. You'll find out later...about the time that I do.

Registration is on going for Sewin' in the Summer for August. Print off a registration form and get your deposit in soon.

Have a great week.

No comments: