Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Weekend

I have not made much progress this weekend. Sherry and I have been working on the mystery quilt for Spring Quilt Camp, which is fast approaching. I spent 2 days stressing over which fabrics to use. I would pull some out, take a picture, look at it, put the fabrics back. It has given me the chance to pull all of my blue, yellow, and orange fabrics off of the shelf and fondle them. I really did not realize how much they had missed that. I found some fabrics that I haven't seen in probably 3 or 4 years!! We really need to do that at least once a year. Take them off of the shelf, refold them and put them back. It makes your fabric feel loved and appreciated. (I know, you think that I have a screw loose!!) Just give it a try and you will really feel the love too.


We received a email from the curator of the "Artful Bra" exhibit. She had heard from a lady in New York who is going to try to get something going in that area for a auction of their own art bras, during a golf tournament. It is really amazing how the "word" has gotten our about this exhibit. I certainly hope that many of you are in an area at the same time that the exhibit is and can get a good look at the Bras. They are awesome. For those of you that missed that post this is a picture of mine:


As the Bras travel they have their own special cover bags and their own hangers. They travel in special boxes with special instructions. If you are in South Carolina and would like to exhibit the "Artful Bras" you can find all of the information on the Quilters Of South Carolina website. I know that they will be at Greenhill Baptist Church , in West Columbia, SC , Tuesday of this week from 12:00 to 5:00. You can call Greenhill for information.
Hope you have a great week.
SHERRY !!! I AM READY FOR SEWING---- SO SEND CLUE #1 PLEASE!!!!

1 comment:

Judy Heyward said...

I agree, Joyce. Part of the pleasure of having so much fabric is touching it and looking at it. And rediscovering fabric that has been hidden from view for quite a while--it's like it's new all over again!