Saturday, January 3, 2009

Long Weekend

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do hope that everyone is safe and well. I have had some time off and have really been stressing over a piece for an exhibit for August of 2009.

Rocky, has been in trouble this weekend. He decided that Dick's shoes were a tasty treat. Needless to say, Mr. Greer, is not very happy with young dog. How could anyone be upset with this 70lbs of licking love?



Jake just spends his days napping. He really tries to ignore Rocky, but, when that is not possible he barks at Rocky and snaps at his head. Rocky yelps and runs, but, no one is hurt and Jake gets his point across.



What has Joyce been doing this weekend you may be asking? Actually if this is your thinking, then you should really get a life. Maybe I should too. I have been playing with something for our library exhibit for Devine Quilters. I have actually been working on this for 3 days at the machine. Two to three days with EQ and some type of design. One of the main ideas is for our pieces to have lots of color in them. I don't think that this qualifies.




Other things required are: nine patch block, a star, using a snowball block, churndash blocks. You don't have to use all of them, but at least 3 of them. You can distort the blocks in any way. I don't really know where this piece or this post is going, but I will keep working on it. The red-orange piece of fabric on the left, may work its way into this piece, I just don't know. I am really in a quandry over this piece. This is 1/2 of the piece as I have it now. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Each block section in this piece finished 2 inches. The size of the piece is also set to be 36x48, so that all of the pieces will be a uniform size.

I really hope to work on my Baby Jane tomorrow. It just depends on whether or not this library piece turns loose of my brain.

1 comment:

Judy Heyward said...

Beautiful, Joyce. I don't know how you get your hands to do such tiny things but you sure are a master at it!