Sunday, October 19, 2008

Time Out





I have to admit to not working on my Baby Jane this weekend. The State Fair is going on and of course we had to go. I had 3 pieces entered and did manage to blue ribbons on two of them.



The Tulip is one that we exhibited during the library exhibit because it's background is done in the log cabin style.

The red, white, and black is a miniature that I did for our guild challenge last year. I was really disappointed in how it was displayed. It was in a case that showed lots of Carolina and Clemson pieces. Anyone who knows me, knows that I AM NOT A GAMECOCK, no matter how badly Clemson in playing.



How about Piper at the Fair?







These three are cut from the same cloth.


Look at how Piper and Dick attack their corn dogs!!!








All Piper wanted to ride was the Merry Go Round. She did not want anything to do with the Horses, just to sit on the bench and ride. She had a fantastic time and rode 2 times with her Mom and 2 times with her Uncle Jay.


This has to be the best trip to the fair since my children were young. Of course we couldn't enjoy it as much then because they were our children.

This is where I spent my Saturday, at the Quilted Pearl. I was taking a class with Lynn Buske on her miniature 4-patch swirl. You know I can't resist something that says miniature.

I do hope everyone has a good week. I will be getting everything together to attend Quilters of South Carolina Fall Retreat. I am looking forward to the whole experience. That said, I will be 4-5 blocks behind on my Baby Jane when I return and will then spend the next week catching up. See you later,



2 comments:

Judy Heyward said...

Congratulations on your blue ribbons, Joyce! Your work is always so lovely.

Shakerwood said...

Just thought I'd leave a message so that you could find my blog. I'll add you to my bloglist this evening when I get home from work! Your blog looks great. Retreat was a blast. Can't wait for next year already!