Saturday, December 21, 2019

Longarm Quilting--Down to the wire

T'was the weekend before Christmas:

Well, I am down to the wire. One regular client quilt to do and then the last 'promised' Christmas client quilt to finish and deliver on Monday. It's been crazy good over the last few weeks. I am so glad that I do my Christmas schedule the way that I do it so that I can work-in these last minute quilts for clients.
Unfortunately it appears that one top being mailed to me has been lost . I hate that and it's the first time this has happened in the 10-12 years that I have been in business. So, here are some suggestions for mailing your quilts or top to or from your longarmer:
1. ALWAYS put tracking on your package
2. Wrap your top in plastic in case it arrives on my doorstep while it's raining.
3. When you declare what is in the package do so as TEXTILES......never say it's a quilt.
4. You can insure your package, but with the understanding that you will never get the full value out of it if lost.
5. Inside the plastic bag, make sure that you have pinned your name, address, and phone number to a couple of places on the quilt/top. Then ship it and track it and make sure the person receiving it is also being updated as to where the package is.
I'll post a few pictures over the coming days of what's going on at One Loose Thread. We are looking forward to a quiet Christmas with tons of great food and lots of laughter.
Registration continues for the February Quilt Retreat. That is always a great time to renew your creative juices and spend time with old and new friends.
As the year draws to a close I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. It's been a rough year at One Loose Thread and with Mr. OLT, but, we have made it to this point and we hope to carry through for another year. We could not do that without all of you.
So, here's wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year!! LET'S GO SEW!!!!



PS:  GO TIGERRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!! (That's CLEMSON TIGERS!!!)


No comments: