Sunday, October 6, 2019

SOME DAYS!!!!

Some days I just really need to sit in a chair and not move a muscle.
This is the Hoffman Dream Panel that I quilted last weekend:


So, Friday, I put the binding on this one and started trying to find fabric to bind this one:



Well, I found a great stripe to use. I cut it in the wrong direction and did not have anymore to use. So, I stitched those strips back together and ended up with fabric that would be 6" to short for the binding.
Sent out an SOS and Beth K. went head first into her stash to find some pieces for me to check out. Went over to her house this morning and came home with a piece for this one and two possibles for a Dream Leaf Panel.

Started work. So excited. Stitched all of the strips together, ironed the binding and started applying it to the front of the panel. (keep in mind that I usually machine stitch my binding) So I got to the join and cut one side to short!!! Brilliant quilter that I am, I promptly pinned a new piece on the end of the binding and started stitching....Yep!! ran over the pin full force. Bent the needle bar of my Bernina 180. Yes, it does get better.

About this time Cooper decided he needed to surf the counter in the kitchen.
WHO ME??
No, he is not a Dachshund!!!!!

Mom........I would never do anything like that....

He knocked the grease can off of the counter. Thankfully, there was just a little oil in it, but, I did have to stop and clean that up.

Back to my project for the day:
I also have a Bernina 153 that is the same footprint as the 180 (thankfully!!), so I swapped out the two machines. finished applying the binding and took it to the ironing board to press it out.

THAT is when I realized that I had stitched it on the wrong side. So, now, I need to spend sometime hand stitching the binding down.

This has been quite an eventful weekend. I could have done without many of these 'events'. Now, hopefully, I can sit for a few minutes and stitch down this binding without cutting my finger with the scissor or using my hand as a pin cushion.....

Sure hope that your weekend has been uneventful and full of sunshine and laughter. Special prayers are going out to 'Smilie' and Noel for tomorrow and the days and weeks to come. If you have a minute or two, I would appreciate it if you would add a word or two for them too.

Have a good week...and ....LET'S GO SEW!!!



No comments: