Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Jamie Wallen and One Loose Thread

Imagine, 3 full days of classes with the 'Amazing' Jamie Wallen..............Yep, that's what I did last weekend.. Karen Kendo, Margaret Caughman, Liz Florum and I traveled to Taylorsville, N.C. to the home of Quilting Solutions (Jennifer Kay). Jamie walked us through over 30 hours of longarm design work. He is one of the best teachers that I have had on this subject.




Me with my "Quilting Hero".
The classes were awesome. I learned more in those 3 days than I had in the last 3 years.

Karen picked up a lot of pointers and I know that we will see lots of new designs on her custom work.



Margaret took a much needed rest from house moving and learned a lot too.
For some reason I don't have a 'face' shot of Liz............she will have to send me one.

August 2, 2013: And Liz did send me a picture so here it is. Thanks Liz.

She was always busy at the machine and on the drawing pad. We did LOTS of drawing.

 This is the 'set-up' that Liz and I played with all weekend. The two 'Homesteader' machine performed flawlessly with all of the abuse they received. We quilt fast and they kept up. Thanks Jennifer for bringing Jamie to the Southeast and supplying us with a great learning environment. Oh by the way, the food was fantastic too!!!!

I came home and went back to work on my Lone Star for the Devine Exhibit at the Library. I have about 3 1/2 days of work in the quilting and probably at least that much more to do. I am using some of the designs that I learned over the weekend on this, so I am getting plenty of practice.
Guess I better get back to work. Lots to do between now and 'Sewin' in the Summer' Camp in just 7 days. OH MY-------------ONLY 7 DAYS!!!!! So much to do, so little time.

Have a great week,

No comments: