Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Week in Review

Now, let's see, what have I been doing over the last week or so?
1.  Finished up the binding on Lynn's Double Wedding Ring. She just picked it up and I am actually sad to see it go. I do know that she will love it and use it for years to come.













2.  I did finish up my challenge quilt for Nite Bee. We were to do 'A Tree' in any form or fashion that we wanted to. I had envisioned all kinds of trees over the past six months and bought YARDS of fabric to make this little 18 x 22 inch. quilt. This is what I came up with:
18" x 22"
Worked with some small feathers

Not sure you can see, but, feathers in the border too.

3.  We have had an idea for 'ironing' tables for retreat. I am trying to cut down on what has to be carried to make room for more projects. So, I spent the weekend quilting some insulbrite and silver stuff together for that project:
Look how nicely this is quilting

I was able to load 2 at the time

All done
These were turned over to Judy for completion. We want to use them to cover 6 foot tables. That will allow 4 people at a time to use the ironing surface and won't take up as much space as 4 ironing boards. Plus it will give us the same capacity as a big board. I will let you know how this works out.

Added this completion picture 8-11-12.
These work really well and we will be using them at Sewin' in the Summer Quilt Camp.


4.  Survived my stress test and was glad of that. Won't have to do that again for awhile.

Deadline for Sewin' in the Summer Quilt Camp is approaching. If you have been putting this off, now is the time to get it done. Soon I will be finalizing the arrangements so get your registration to me before August 1, 2012.

So, I guess that's my week in review. Now I am only 1 week behind and will get to this weeks antics in a couple of days. It's been interesting.

Until then 

3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Busy is very good.

KeyQuilter said...

are those magnets on your belly bar? I've heard some people use the ones from freight harbor (or something like that). Love how the quilting shows on that silver fabric. What's the name of that panto?

Carlene said...

I wonder if a button and tab at each corner would be a possible closing (thought of a fitted sheet without the deteriorating elastic) instead of cording that has to be threaded through and tightened?

Liked your idea. Much lighter than my wooden big board atop my ironing board. I had stapled the mattress ticking into the wood on that.