Sunday, September 27, 2009

I am Woman !!!

The challenge this year for the Quilters of South Carolina is called Give Me Your Heart. This challenge is to bring awareness to Women's heart health. Heart Disease is number one when it comes to killing women. This is my entry:
























I found most of the image on the internet and then added some lines and images of my own. I am really pleased with the piece and my husband has named it "I AM WOMAN". Sounds like a song don't cha think?
I also finished quilting a piece for Tori this weekend. I don't have the binding seewn down yet, but a few hours in front of the TV and that will be done.























All this means, that I have finished my 2 challenge pieces--One for the Devine Guild (Sunflowers) and the One for QSC--still needs label and sleeve (no problem). I have also quilted
my second quilt on the longarm (still not named). Now, next weekend I can get back to the applique on the Devine Guild quilt. I need to add a few pieces of applique before I can pass it back to Linda. She is ready to begin the piecing of the center section of the quilt.

Just Stitchin' Fall Quilt Camp is just a few weeks away so that is also coming up on my to do list.

I have tried posting this 3 times and each time blogger posts it differently. Hope it looks OK this time.

Have a great week.




3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I love your heart. Very "visual". The frog quilt is cute too.

Марина Сохончук said...

Your heart is beautiful. Great work!
Marina, Russia

Miss Carol said...

I love the "I Am Woman" piece! It is says so much.