Saturday, May 6, 2023

The Adventure Continues

 



Well, I'm home from the hospital. They released me Thursday afternoon once they had done the surgery on my wrist to alleviate the golf ball size bulge in the artery. Instructions not to work for several days (not weeks) but no heavy lifting for several weeks. My arm is really dark blue and the lower arm is sore and a little uncomfortable. I won't post pictures, 'cause it is UGLY!!! Taking Tylenol for this discomfort. Normally, I would have a few glasses of wine, but, I cut WAY back on that a month or two ago so that is not an option.

I have been relegated to my chair and the remote control. I mean, what do you do when you are a quilter and you are not allowed to use needle and thread or your machines? I am soooooooo bored!!! Reading quilting magazines and patterns doesn't help either. That just make me want to cut and sew fabric.

Cooper and Loosey are doing a really good job of 'watching Mom'. It is as though they have agreed to take turns. One stays with me while the other goes out, but right now, both of them are in the yard keeping watch over the property.

My next door neighbors, Alice and Charles, are feeding me so well, I'll have to start exercising to reduce the pounds that will be added. Both are awesome cooks and Alice brings over a tray like you would get at a B&B with a vase holding one of her beautiful roses. This is so appreciated and enjoyed by me.

I'm trying to do a little work to get ready for May Mester Retreat in just 10 days. I can't do the physical part, but I can get all of the paperwork completed. Pat will be here a day next week and we'll get everything else together. I am looking forward to 5 days at Camp Gravatt and starting a new Judy Neimeyer quilt, Carnival Flower. I will also be getting some help to figure out where I am on Bali Wedding Star. All of the arcs are finished, but not sure were to go from here.

Well, that's it for now. I'm off to my chair. I have used the DVR for the coronation, so will start watching that. 

Have a fabulous weekend!!!


No comments: