Monday, February 26, 2018

SPRING QUILT CAMP!!!!

Many times I refer to February quilt camp as 'Looking for Spring' quilt camp. The reason is that we are in the doldrums of winter and usually we are seeing sleet, snow, rain or a combination of all of those. The days are dark and the excitement of the Holidays leave me with a drained, empty feeling. Well, let me tell you, WE FOUND SPRING!!! The last 4 days with the 'Frayed Knots' of One Loose Thread were beautiful!!! The weather was warm enough for shorts and flip flops. The sun was shining and the skies were beautifully blue with occasional white, fluffy clouds. I could not have asked for better weather for this retreat.

I want to thank everyone that participated. We had several new faces (always a good thing) and many more 'old friends' (and I mean that in a good way). We sewed, we laughed, we cried, WE ATE!!! My goodness did we eat!! The Gravatt kitchen out did themselves again!!! I love the fact that the food is excellent and varied. Pat, Ruth, and Belinda really work hard to make our stay very special and have us coming back for more!!! We'll see you in May!!

We are always looking for a few new quilters to add to this bunch. This is NOT a closed retreat and everyone is welcome. You can come and quilt, just sew, knit, scrapbook, crochet, or just sit and read a book.......Camp is a time to 're-center' yourself. We leave problems at the gate and just enjoy the time that we have with each other.

Now, it's back to work for me. I have to get lots done this week because I will soon be off to Charleston to work with the Cobblestone Quilt Guild and the quilt show at Omar Temple. I always look forward to this and it is the only time I can really 'give back' to the guild. I am an out of town member so during show week I try to do as much as I can.

Have a great day!!! I am off to sew on some binding, and load both of my longarms to do some quilting!!


No comments: