Saturday, August 5, 2017

Quilt Retreat Preparation

Shame on me!! I did not take the first picture yesterday and it was an epic day!!

In the studio it was a 'sweat shop' to get the favors ready for Summer Camp. I always try to give everyone something handmade. Pat is the one that usually make these things for me, but, this year, the project I picked was a little to time consuming and I didn't leave her enough time to get them done. So, yesterday, Pat, Alexis ( my granddaughter) and I worked to complete a totally new project. Piper was invited, but, her mother said that she had other things to do and would not be interested. We really missed her.

I cut everything out on the Studio cutter and then we all got together and ironed, stitched, turned and counted until all of them were complete. Pat still has a few more to turn and they will be ready.We had a blast!! I love it when my Grandchildren are in the studio with me. Alexis loves it when she can sit and stitch with her Aunt Pitty Pat and me too.

So, that part of the prep is ready to go. I have been working on this project this week.
I promised Mary that I would have it ready for her at Quilt Camp and I believe it will be ready to go. If all goes well today, I will finish it by tomorrow afternoon (Sunday). Just in time for me to start getting everything together for camp.

Mr. OLT is home this weekend and thanks to a great surgical team and all of your prayers, he is doing well. We will be looking at additional surgery in the weeks to come, but, for now he is in a recovery stage. The future is bright, but please keep those prayers coming. He, Dusty, and Austin are working on a project here at the house that needs to be taken care of so that will take up their day while I work on the pachyderm.

Mr. OLT had a birthday yesterday. Many family members gathered for pizza, beer, and birthday cake. It was so good to have so many of us together in one place. Those who could not attend, were missed.

OK, enough of this for today. I'm off to stitch!!! I hope your day is full of smiles and giggles. Just don't let anyone steal your JOY.

LET'S GO SEW!!!!


No comments: