Thursday, March 9, 2017

Longarm Quilting and My Home Quilt Guild

Only about 6 weeks until the 'Needle and Thread Tour' with the Devine Quilt Guild in Columbia, S. C. and there are 7 studios involved. We are in three different areas around Columbia and NO THEY ARE NOT ALL LONGARM STUDIOS. Buy your tickets and spend a Saturday with us in beautiful Columbia, S.C. visiting these studios. Get ideas to use in your own sewing space. The studios range in size from a small room to half a house, so there is a lot to see. Enjoy a light lunch on the grounds of one studio and learn about the charities that Devine supports with their quilting efforts. Visit a large quilt exhibit in one of the premier retirement communities and shop at several of the local shops. It will be a fun 'girlfriend' day and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday, April 22, 2017.

All of us are 'sprucing up' just a little and trying new ways to organize and store threads and fabrics, just so we all get some new ideas. Feel free to share your ideas with us too so that we can get more use from our sewing spaces.

Tickets are available for purchase here on a secure site:


Now, as to what I am working on:
I am spending an hour or two each morning working on my English Paper Piecing project of Dear Jane. I have a grand total of 3 blocks completed, but, you know what they say about being 'slow and steady'.

Also under my needle with Penelope Statler is a beautiful Double Wedding ring quilt I am custom quilting with some beautiful digital designs and maybe some freehand ones too.

Olivia and I are working to finish a wool applique quilt after I un-stitched the border that I didn't like. I also have a few corrections to make on a quilt that I finished before camp. Just a couple that will only take a few minutes. I love having that quilt back in the studio...who knows, I just might have to keep it for display during the tour??? Maybe.

That's a few of the things going on at One Loose Thread,LLC this week. Hope this finds you well and in a place where you can apply needle and thread to fabric.

Have a great week,

No comments: