Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Report-May 2009








Thursday night was a beautiful evening on the lake for the Knight Bee. We met at Judy Twitty's house and everyone brought something to eat. What a 'spread' we had. Everything was delicious. I find these gatherings so refreshing. A good time was had by all.


This is where I am at this point with the piece for the Devine Library exhibit. I have not worked on it since January. I did get 4 more rows done today. Now I have to construct units before I can do anymore rows. I think that I only have 6 more rows to construct and then it will be a completed top.

I spent Friday just doing 'stuff'. Got my nails done, ate lunch with Pat, registered both of us for the show in Knoxville. That pretty much took all day once I added in a 3 hour nap.

Saturday I worked on the Devine Medallion. I am not quite half finished with that. I think that it is looking good at this point. Still alot of work to do on that.

The garden has started producing. I am cutting cukes and squash. The Basil has been cut 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Huge bunches have been given away and I am using it as fast as I can. The Dill is trying to bloom and I keep pinching it back. I have some huge tomatoes, but nothing turning red yet.

These are some of the tomatos. They are the ones that Austin and Alexis planted. Austin's is on the right and Alexis planted hers in the pot.


This is my container garden on a grand scale. These are the water troughs, one that i got for Christmas and then the large one we bought early spring. The small one contains: Dill, Basil. Rosemary, Tyme, Curley Parsley, and a Grape tomato plant.
In the Large one is: 4 cucumber plants, one yellow tomato plant, one yellow squash, one zuccini plant, a Japanese Eggplant, a bell pepper plant, and one potato. These things are going crazy in these planters.
That's my report for this weekend. I better go feed the husband. Have a good week.

No comments: