Thursday, November 1, 2012

Quilters Dream,Superior Thread,Olivia and I

I finished this customer quilt today.
When I took it in, Phyllis and I discussed several ways to quilt it. She was 'sick' of looking at it and told me to put a pantograph on it. Then  she said that she trusted me to do what would be best. Wellllll, I couldn't just stitch a pantograph over the top of her hard work, even though I have a few that would have worked very well. So, I did full custom on the top.



All of the blocks were stabilized first. Then I did a continuous curve in all of the checkerboard blocks. After that I did L's and e's in the outside border because I still didn't know what I wanted to do in the applique blocks.







I finally decided to echo around the applique and just 'went to town' on that. The next thing I knew, I was finished.

This has been a fun quilt to work on. I used Quilters Dream Blend as the batting, with Superior's King Tut thread on the top and Superior's So Fine in the bobbin. Olivia stitched like a dream and we all had loads of fun.


Oh, you want to see the back? Here ya go:


Have a great day,

1 comment:

Marj said...

Love it! The quilting and the quilt.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.