Sunday, April 22, 2012

Catching Up

Gracious!!! It has been a long time since my last post. I will try to catch up here just a little.

Since we last talked I have done a few quilts for customers. I will work on getting them posted on the Customer Quilt page.

Registration closed for May Mester and now I am getting everything ready for that event. I had first thought that we would just go 'bare bones' and not do door prizes and stuff, but, the closer we get the more surprises that I want to add. We leave for Gravatt and May Mester in 15 days and I am sooooooooo looking forward to the two classes and all the 'Frayed Knots' being there. I do need to decide what fabrics that I want to use for my Lone Star. I will just be doing a regular star, not spiral. I might have to make a trip to Mary Jo's for some inspiration!!!

Visited Threads of Time Guild and enjoyed June Fish's program on appraisals and quilt history.

 Then spent a full day in the studio with Karen Kendo. We had a full day of feather quilting. Learned so much and have a top that will go on the frame tomorrow that I intend to 'feather'.
Teresa had a supervisor

Callie was not sure she wanted her space invaded

Karen watched over us as we practiced

Teresa was a little tall so she sat down

We practiced hearts and wreaths

These feathers were a lot of fun.























































































I had a day trip to Mt. Pleasant with Beth and Sue. We had a class with the Cobblestone Guild who had invited Jane Godshall to teach a class on Paperless piecing. I had been wanting a class in that technique for a long time and this was my chance. We did stop and eat at 'Queen Anne's Revenge' on Daniel Island before we headed home. Great place. Visit if you get the chance.

Finished up the center of the 'Argyle' Quilt. This piece is currently 35 x 45 inches. I am including that information because Pat thought it was a full size quilt when she looked at the pictures on line.

We have started the garden. More on that later.
Mr. OLT has been quite sick with bronchitis, but, is much better now and back to work.
I will take sometime later to put up customer quilts that have been completed over the past few weeks. It has been fun working on some different types of tops.
Have a good week.

No comments: