Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hints for quilt labels

Just thought that I would stop for a minute and give you one of my hints for applying labels to quilts. I have to do three for the Grandchildren right now. So, here goes.
First hint:
     I print on printer ready fabric. I insert a picture that was taken during the year. Included on the label is the childs name, the name of the quilt pattern(approximate), the date, my name and the city and state.

Second hint:
     Don't wait until the last minute to apply the label

Third hint:
     Press under the edges of the label. Then, add a large piece of fusible (Wonder Under or other) in the center of the back of the label.
             
Fourth hint:
     Press the label onto the back of the quilt. Then take your quilting thread and a needle and blind stitch all the way around the label to truly attach it.
OK, gotta go get all of these sewn on.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Let's go Sew!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: