Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lookin' Better?

Over the past few weeks I have had a number of people comment on how this looked:



See that stack of stuff on top of the storage cabinets next to the window? This picture was taken after I had taken some of the 'stuff'off.

I decided today that I would try to do something about that. I bagged up a bunch of fat quarters and UFO blocks and took them to Jane for the Logan charity quilts. I also added 2 bolts of homespun fabric that I had purchased from the Quilted Pearl when they closed. All for a good cause.

Then I loaded up all of the fat quarter drawers with their designated fabric colors. You know, red, blue, yellow, and green. Then there are the 2 drawers for black and whites, one for halloween, one for Christmas.......you get what I'm talking about.

So this is how that wall looks now:


Looks good don't you think?

I have also not shown you what Mr. OLT did for me to get my fabric bolts off of the floor.

Don't you just love these? They store perfectly under Olivia since I no longer keep batting rolls under there. He put casters on each box so that I can move them out for cleaning the floor. Love the different colors. Told him to use whatever paint we had in the house.

Look good don't they.The long yellow one is for wide backs.



Then this is how they look all loaded up:

 Cool right? I love not having them leaning all over everything and in the floor. Plus, they stay so much more accessible.
Oh yes, back to the subject of the window wall. It does look so much better. However, Houston, we have a few problems.





What do I do with this?






And this?

And then there is this. I am just about to get a handle on this mess. The only problem that I have now is that batting has taken over my living room and dining room.

One thing for sure, is that this area will have to be cleaned out before the longarm group meets here next month. Of course, that was exactly why I scheduled the meeting here. If not for guild or bee meetings at my house, it would never get cleaned!!!!

At least I have accomplished something today. It has not been what was on my list to do, but, it made a visual difference in the studio.

Now to try to get things together for Pieceable Retreat.

Have a good weekend.


1 comment:

Gari in AL said...

Oh, your studio looks so lived in. And so much like mine. I have my LA in a separate room just for the reason that the "table" part is so easy to store stuff on and then that stuff is in the way when I want to quilt.