Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT-Repeat



I am happy to annouce that I have Resigned. ( If anyone tells you that I have retired then they are not telling the whole truth). It is effective 01/01/2011 at 12:00 AM.  I have worked in Dental Hygiene for over 40 years and have worked for Dr. Brown a total of 30 of those years. He has hired me three times (even though I am a Clemson Fan). We have had a long run, but the time has come for me to do something else. I hope to work as a 'relief' Hygienist in any number of offices over the next few years, as I have too much dental knowledge to just leave the profession.

In the mean time I will be building my longarm business and the fun part is that I plan to expand the 'Retreats". Yes, this will give me time to run the roads of South Carolina to find the perfect retreat spots for One Loose Thread to sponsor retreats. 

 I will really miss the patients that I have had for many years. We have all grown up and raised our children together. I hope that many of you will stay in contact with me so that we can keep up with what is going on.

 Thanks again for your support and if you need a custom made quilt or an antique top quilted or just need to talk call me. Most of you have my number. Just know that I AM NOT FULLY RETIREING AND WILL BE SUBSTITUTING IN OTHER OFFICES, as needed.  Call or email me if you need anything.

This announcement will post several times over the next 2 months.


3 comments:

Teresa said...

Congratulations! I admire your resolve to do soemthing different and sounds like you have great fun plans. Who knows, maybe I can come to one of your retreats someday.

Judy Heyward said...

Congratulations on your retirement, Joyce. Now there'll never be anough time to do all the things that you want to do because now there'll be even more to do!

Joyce said...

Thanks Judy and Teresa. I am really looking forward to this change of scene. My 'Olivia' and I plan to spend a lot of time together and new retreat locations are in the future.