Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent my afternoon with this young lady. We went to the 'new' JoAnn's--sob, sob, sob. The new store is like 15 miles away instead of 2 miles from my house. The store is very nice, but somewhat crowded. The fabric is packed together and difficult to see. This store is a 'Michael's' with fabric wanna be. It may be a good thing that it is so far from the house.

Sadly, we are loosing our favorite Local Quilt Shop the Quilted Pearl. It has been expecially wonderful to have this shop that has become such a significant part of quilting in Columbia. Cheryl has made her classroom and full service shop available to all of the guilds in Columbia anytime of the day and any day of the week.

Quilters of South Carolina will be meeting at the White Oak Conference Center next weekend. I am looking forward, not only to the classes, but also to seeing many of my friends from across the state.

Have a great week and don't forget that registration is open for 'Spring Fling' Quilt Camp in February. Check out the information on the Retreat page as there have been some changes. If you want to register just email me and I will send you a simple to print registration form.

LET'S GO SEW !!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Shakerwood said...

I can't wait for retreat to start! And I'm going to miss the Quilted Pearl. Yes, I did drive the hour to go to the store. I loved the special events she had!