Sunday, June 28, 2009

Getting Ready for VACATION !!!

As you can see, Jake is really helping me out a lot!!! In the bag are the Dear Jane Blocks that I hope to work on while at the Beach. I think that I have close to 25 of them ready to work with. I am sorry to say, that I am that far behind.


I intentionally left out the triangles for the top row of the quilt as they are to complicated to work without Anina's directions. I will really have to work hard to complete what is in the box.


Just so I don't go into applique' withdrawal I am also preping another block to my "Cottage Garden" quilt. This will be block #5 out of 9 for this piece. This block is called "Pleasures of Summer". Lots of stems and lots of small flowers. Heart shaped leaves. Lots and Lots of stuff. We will just have to see how this goes. I probably should take my current Baltimore Block, but, I am currently sick of working on grape leaves!!!

Piper finished with Vacation Bible School on Friday. She had a wonderful week. There must have been at least 100 children for VBS at the church. They had an amazing number of volunteers to help with these children. Piper has been very fortunate to be in a position to participate in preschool, kindergarten, and all the summer programs.
I am not sure when we will leave for the beach. There are so many of us going that we will have to have 'round robin' sleeping arrangements. While some of us are at the beach, some will stay home to take care of animals and watch property. Then after a few days we will switch off so that everyone can be there at least for a while.
The "Artful Bra" exhibit is currently being shown at:
Quilters Cottage
St. Michaels Plaza
2571 S. Ocean Hwy - Business 17
Garden City, S C 29576
843-651-4004 /fax: 843-651-4033
If you are in the area, stop and see Pat and Rhett. This is a wonderful shop with very, very "Happy Fabric" and a very sociable staff to help you.
So, if you don't hear from me for a few weeks, never fear, I'll be back. So in the eloquent words of the President of Devine Quilters: "GO SEW SOMETHING!!"



No comments: