Sunday, February 22, 2009

I really wasn't sewing

Really, I did not do these this weekend. These are some of the hexagons that I put together following a class based on the 'One Block Wonder' books. I took the class at the Quilted Pearl several weeks ago. Sara Quattlebaum taught it and this is what I have so far. My design wall has shrunk due to "stuff" being "stuffed" into a corner of my studio. I am going to leave them on my wall for a week or two to simmer. I may have to stir them periodically to get just the right mix that suits me. Once I have the right mix, then I will start to sew them together.



This is the actual fabric. Isn't it amazing the difference? I really want most of the blue to be in the lower left corner. I have other blocks to go there, just not enough room. I am not real sure what size or what type of borders that I will put on this piece. Right now, it just has to simmer.

I spent most of the day finishing preparations for Quilt Camp. I have 6 projects to take with me. The major one is to catch up with my Baby Jane, I am so far behind. Then there is the quilt for the Library Exhibit for the end of the year. I also have fabric and an idea for the guild challenge that I might work on. It is hard to work on a Guild Challenge at camp since I can't keep it a secret from other guild members. I am lucky to have many of them with me.

I almost forgot!!! The Bra's are coming to Columbia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about this. A gallery exhibit in the Vista area of downtown Columbia, S. C. Fantastic!

The Quilters of South Carolina
Invite you to view the
ARTFULL BRA EXHIBIT
March 2-15, 2009
The Gallery at DuPre
807 Gervais Street
Columbia, S. C.

Opening Reception- Thursday March 5 at 5:00PM



That's it for now. I'll be on retreat with Just Stitchin' Thursday to Sunday, so you won't hear from me. I really doubt that I will have a post until sometime next week. So, have a good week or two and stay tuned for more news.



1 comment:

Vicki said...

love your one-patch wonder. I have fabric, that I bought last summer, to do one. Hopefully soon.