Monday, June 30, 2008

A Day with My Baby Jane

I have spent my day catching up with my Baby Jane. Here are the results:


This first block was assigned last week, but I had already done it. It is E-1 Aunt Exie's Phlox. I actually did the block twice, but decided that this would be the one that I used.


This block is H-11 Piercing Rays. It pierces alright. I think I did alright on this one. I certainly don't want to do it again.









This block was just assigned today. It is G-8, Justin's Comet. I was so thankful for Anina's helpful instructions. It took a long time to do this block, but I was so pleased once it was completed. I felt that it was as perfect as I could get it.





This block was a simple one, H-13 Farm Fields. It was nice to have a simple block in the middle of these more complicated ones.








This block is F-2, Kaleidoscope. What a fun block. With the fabric that I used it could actually be a Kaleidoscope.

This has been my day with Jane. I started about 9:00 this morning and as I am writing this it is 3:45---soon to be 5:00 somewhere. A great day in my studio and I look forward to another one tomorrow.

I have to take a minute to thank Anina for all of her work on this project. As we continue on with this, I am beginning to understand why I could not possibly have done this 10-15 years ago when I wanted to try it. I think that I am using every technique I have learned in my years of quilting and sewing. It has taken this long to learn what I needed to know and to meet the people that would help me with this journey. This is difficult, but, I am loving every stitch that I put into these blocks. Soon Anina will pull more blocks, triangles, and possibly a corner kite to challenge us with. I look forward to each stitch.

So I end my day,


46-2-0-779

2 comments:

Anina said...

Your blocks are wonderful! Wow, a whole day with Jane. Very impressive. I'm actually grateful for all of the ladies participating because I would have fallen off the wagon a long time ago if I didn't have everyone following along.

Stacy A. said...

Joyce, your blocks really look great! I have fallen a bit behind because of illness but you have really inspired me to continue. I love the fabrics you are using, some are the same as mine, but yours turn out better. I am going to set a whole day with Jane for myself next week. I'll put it on the calender so everyone knows not to disturb me, lol. Have a great week. Love Stacy