Friday, March 7, 2008

My Baby Jane


I have wanted to do a Dear Jane quilt ever since I started quilting. I just can't imagine doing this quilt in the era that Jane stitched it. I hope to be able to complete most of the stitched blocks on my machine because my hand stitching is not that good. I suppose that it will improve as I go through this process. Here are my first two blocks.




The Green one is C-9 called Jane's Tears. The Orange one is B-13 Four Corner Press. I am going to be using 30's reproductions. I joined a group that will be working on this quilt over the next year. We will just have to see how it goes.


Today I am going to work on my Baltimore Album. I have been involved in a group over the past year and have been moving along nicely. The block that I am working on now is a grapevine wreath. It seems to have a million grapes, but I am just now starting to work with them. I am using Karen Kay Buckley's 'Perfect Circles' to make the grapes. I can iron on these and get perfect circles for my grapes. I'll post some pictures as soon as I have some on the background.


My granddaughter Alexis is coming home from the hospital today. She has been there since Wednesday with flu and severe kidney infection. She is doing better and will be home by this afternoon. Other tests will be run later to check for problems.
Have a great day!
Joyce







6 comments:

Stacy A. said...

Joyce, Your blocks look very nice. I just started my blog recently as well, it is good therapy and a way to share with others your Baby Jane blocks :)! I got in a few days late so my supplies haven't arrived yet but I look forward to seeing all of our progress in the next year. Welcome to blogging. Stacy

Joyce said...

Thanks for your support Stacy. I think that with this support, we will all make good progress.
Joyce

Jen said...

Your Jane's Tears block came out perfect.

I hope your granddaughter is better soon! That is too much for anyone to endure.

And welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Jen (sewandsox)

Joyce said...

Jen,
Thank you. Grandaughter came home and is fine now, just the remnants of the flu.
Joyce

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

whoopie! You have a blog! I am so thrilled....now I can keep up with your goings on!

The Dj block looks So cute! I just love them!

Bonnie

Joyce said...

Thanks Bonnie.
Miss you.
Joyce